Southwest Ohio Fishing Lake Maps - Region Five(5)
Find all of your Southwest Ohio lake and reservoir fishing maps here for fishing around Toledo, Maumee, Norwalk, Findlay, and Lima. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Click the Lake Name for more info & tight lines from Team GFO!
- Lake Erie Fish Ohio Report September 18, 2019Fishing continues to be good 3-6 miles east of Kelleys Island, north of Cedar Point, out of Huron and Vermilion in 28-32 feet of water, and Lorain in 45-55 feet of water.
- Journey North: Monarch Migration September 18, 2019In the entire world, no butterflies migrate like the monarchs of North America. They travel much farther than all other tropical butterflies, up to 3,000 miles. Get the latest monarch migration update as they travel south.
- Migration Marathoners September 17, 2019Shorebirds are amazing long-distance fliers. While these creatures have impressive journeys, one species in particular, the American golden-plover, is a marathoner of bird migration.
- Wetlands: The Importance of Public Support September 17, 2019Hunters regularly contribute to wetland conservation efforts by purchasing stamps and licenses. But anyone, whether they hunt or not, can support these research and restoration practices in Ohio.
- Federal Duck Stamp September 16, 2019The Federal Migratory Bird Hunting Stamp, known as the duck stamp, is vital to conserving the wetlands that many species rely on. Everyone is encouraged to buy the duck stamp to directly support the habitats and species they care about.
- Wild Ohio Magazine: 2019 Special Edition September 16, 2019If you don't have a Wild Ohio Magazine membership, sign up by Sept. 15 to receive the 2019 Special Edition, which explores the Ohio River. Features include articles about fishing, hunting waterfowl, wildlife watching and more!
- Fall Steelhead Fishing - Recipes September 13, 2019After a successful day of steelhead fishing, why not end with a meal of freshly caught fish. If you’re in need of a new recipe to feed the family, try our Crunch Baked Salmon.
- Weekend Activity: Collect Milkweed Seed Pods September 13, 2019Milkweed seed pods are now maturing to the point where they can be harvested! This weekend will be a good time to scout fields and pick pods that are ready for harvest.
- CWD: Disease Surveillance Area September 12, 2019To protect our deer herd from CWD a Disease Surveillance Area, DSA, was established in Holmes and Tuscarawas counties. Special rules apply. Free sampling is available within the DSA and in Williams, Fulton and Lucas counties.
- Fall Fishing for Steelhead - Where to Fish September 12, 2019Interested in fishing for steelhead? Now is a great time to start. Each year the fish spend their summer months in Lake Erie, before returning to the streams in the fall. For more, including maps and access points.