Southwest Ohio Fishing Lake Maps - Region Five(5)
Find all of your Southwest Ohio lake and reservoir fishing maps here for fishing around Toledo, Maumee, Norwalk, Findlay, and Lima. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Click the Lake Name for more info & tight lines from Team GFO!
- Winter Fish Kills May be Common as Ice Retreats from Ohio's Ponds and Lakes March 20, 2019As the weather warms, you might notice small numbers of dead fish in ponds and small lakes. Winterkills may occur in some Ohio waters this year as ice and snow from the past few months gives way to spring.
- Spring Cleaning is for the Birds! March 20, 2019Happy first day of spring! The tradition of spring cleaning really is for the birds when it’s time to clean up your backyard habitat. Cleaning feeders, nest boxes, and bird baths is a great way to welcome wildlife back to your yard.
- Upper Canines in Deer March 20, 2019This past season, a buck was harvested in Trumbull County, and much to the hunter's surprise, the deer had upper canines! While this is a rare occurrence, it is not unheard of.
- Ten New State Wildlife Officers Ready to Serve Ohioans March 20, 2019Ten new state wildlife officers from the 29th Wildlife Officer Pre-Service Training Academy were sworn in at a ceremony in Columbus Friday, March 15th. Graduation requirements included completing seven months of training in a multitude of law enforcement and conservation topics. Ohio’s newest wildlife officers were hired from a pool of almost 600 applicants from […]
- See Fish Management Crews in Action! March 19, 2019The public is invited to see fish management crews in action at Mosquito Reservoir in Trumbull Co. March 20 - 29, 2019. Visit with fisheries professionals while they collect walleye eggs to be raised in state fish hatcheries.
- Young Turkey Hunters Invited to Drawing for Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area Refuge March 19, 2019There will be a drawing on Saturday, April 6th for a special controlled turkey hunting opportunity for youths within the refuge portion of the Killbuck Marsh Wildlife Area.
- Ohio's Bald Eagle Nesting Season Underway March 19, 2019Ohio's bald eagle nesting season is underway! March is a fantastic time to get outdoors and view eagle nests. Learn more about where you might see these majestic birds in Ohio.
- Vernal Pools: Nature's Nursery, Part II March 19, 2019If your property is within 200 meters of an existing or formerly existing vernal pool you could enhance the wildlife habitat by adding another pool! Steps to create your own wetland nursery.
- Family Passport to Fishing Event March 19, 2019Join the OSU Fish and Wildlife Society for a day of fishing at the Lake at OSU Chadwick Arboretum in Columbus on Sat, April 20th! Learn casting, knot tying, rigging, and fish handling.
- Vernal Pools: Nature's Nursery Part I March 18, 2019A vernal pool or pond is a temporary wetland that supplies breeding grounds as well as habitat for a variety of wildlife and plants.
- The Making of a State Wildlife Officer: Week 8 March 18, 2019It was the final week of training for the cadets of the Wildlife Officer Training Academy and culminated in their graduation from the program.