Southwest Ohio Fishing Lake Maps - Region Five(5)
Find all of your Southwest Ohio lake and reservoir fishing maps here for fishing around Toledo, Maumee, Norwalk, Findlay, and Lima. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Click the Lake Name for more info & tight lines from Team GFO!
- Ohio Fishing Regulations: How They are Made January 15, 2020he ODOW issues annual fishing regs on the basis of biological data and public input to protect wildlife and to provide the public with opportunities to benefit from wildlife for recreational, scientific, and other purposes.
- Attracting Wildlife in Winter: Keep Water from Freezing January 15, 2020Freezing temperatures mean water sources can be hard to find for backyard wildlife. Help wildlife this winter by providing a water source! Follow these steps to help keep the water thawed.
- River Otter Surveys January 14, 2020Staff have been conducting river otter bridge surveys and will continue to do so through mid-Feb. These surveys are an important tool which helps to form sustainable management plans for Ohio's otter population. See more info including the 2019 results.
- Nature Scoop January 2020 January 14, 2020Help Pollinators and Winter Birds. Garden4Wildlife Plans. Sustainable Yard Care and More!
- Project SNOWstorm Update: Meet Wolverine the Snowy Owl January 14, 2020One of our partners, Black Swamp Bird Observatory in NW Ohio, coordinated with Project SNOWstorm and the Detroit/Wayne Airport to place a radio transmitter on a snowy owl! This transmitter will record data as the bird spends time in its wintering grounds and then returns back to its breeding ground in the arctic tundra.
- Backyards For Wildlife: Homemade Suet January 13, 2020Winter is a great time of year to watch wildlife! With reduced food and water sources, some wildlife will readily come to your backyard if the right foods are provided. Have you ever heard of suet? It's fun and easy to make! Watch a quick video.
- We Want Your Feedback! Take the 2019-2020 Deer Hunter Survey January 13, 2020We would like deer hunters to provide feedback on their season by completing a short survey. Any info provided will remain confidential and data will be shared in summarized form only. Take the survey!
- Wildlife Survival in Winter: Hibernation January 10, 2020Do you feel like curling up in a warm blanket and sleeping the cold winter away? You’re not alone! Many wildlife species use hibernation to effectively survive the winter.
- New Fishing Regulations in 2020 January 10, 2020For anglers across Ohio, 2020 will offer some new fishing regulations and limits. Get a sneak peek at some of these changes.
- Mark Your Calendar - Visit Our Open Houses in March! January 9, 2020This year, open houses will be held at the District Offices the week of March 2-6, 2020 during normal business hours, 8am-5pm, and until 7pm on Wed, March 4.
- Ohio’s Muzzleloader Hunters Celebrate Time-Honored Tradition January 9, 2020Ohio’s deer hunters completed the muzzleloader season with 10,615 deer taken from Jan. 4 to Jan. 7.