Northwest Ohio Fishing & Lake Maps ~ Region Two(2)
Find all of your Northwest Ohio lake maps and reservoir fishing maps here for fishing around Toledo, Maumee, Norwalk, Findlay, and Lima. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Click the Lake Name for more info & tight lines from Team GFO!
- Lake Erie Fish Ohio Report October 16, 2019Good walleye fishing was reported in 65-75 ft of water N of Edgewater Park, 65-75 ft of water N of Wildwood Park, 65-75 ft of water N of Fairport Harbor, and in 68-73 ft of water N of Geneva.
- Drive Safely! Deer-Vehicle Accidents Increase in the Fall October 16, 2019Peak months for deer-vehicle accidents, due to increased deer movement during the breeding season, are October, November, and December. Being alert, driving safely, and keeping your eye on the road may help reduce your chances of being in a collision with a deer during the fall breeding season.
- Turn In a Poacher Hotline October 15, 2019While the most Ohioans follow the law, there are always a few who make poor choices. You can TEXT reports of wildlife crimes to our TIP hotline at 1-800-POACHER and include photos, location, and details about the violations.
- Importance of Scary Wildlife: Snakes October 15, 2019Snakes are highly misunderstood and have wrongfully suffered from human fear and superstition. Ohio has nearly 30 species of snakes, most of which are docile and fearful of humans, and are important to the food web.
- Fish Stocking in Ohio October 15, 2019We have a long history of stocking fish in public lakes, reservoirs, and rivers here in the Buckeye state. In fact our oldest fish hatchery was built in 1896! Today, we operate six fish hatcheries.
- Deer Permit Prices Increase October 16th October 14, 2019No one likes price increases, including us. However, Ohioans haven't had an increase since 2004. These adjustments will bring us back in line with inflation costs.
- Fish Stocking Programs: Why Stock? October 14, 2019Ohioans have a lot of great fishing opportunities. Most of our fish populations can sustain themselves naturally. Fish stockings help when natural reproduction falls short, and enhance fishing opportunities.
- Importance of Scary Wildlife: Spiders October 14, 2019Halloween is just around the corner and with it comes tales of creepy crawly critters. But many of those wildlife species are essential to keeping our ecosystems in balance? One example is the spider.
- Ring-Necked Pheasant Releases Announced October 11, 2019More than 14,000 ring-necked pheasants will be released at 24 Ohio public hunting areas this fall to provide additional hunting opportunities across the state.
- Wild Ohio Cookbook: Grilled Perch October 11, 2019Struggling to find some water to frying pan ideas? Check out plenty of tasty recipes like grilled perch in our Wild Ohio Cookbook.
- Hunters are Reminded to Brush Up on Waterfowl Identification October 11, 2019Ohio’s duck and goose seasons begin in the Lake Erie Marsh Zone! Good luck to all of the hunters heading out!