Region Three - Northeast Ohio Fishing Lake Maps
Find all of your Northeast Ohio lake maps here for fishing around Cleveland, Akron, Ashtabula, Kent and Youngstown. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Tight Lines from Team GFO!
July 2, 2018
Captain Gary Zart here. Lake Erie is on fire and I mean in a good way lol. From the Islands to Conneaut within a few miles of shore you literally cannot keep rods in the water.
You can troll. You can cast. It doesn’t matter. Use your electronics to find active fish. From 20-ft to 50-ft of water should do the trick.
Dipsey divers pulling spoons, worm harnesses and shallow cranks is about the easiest way to catch them. I call it the revolving door.
Pull Reef Runners and Bandits behind Offshore Boards weighted or unweighted to increase your catch rate. Speed has been 2.3 to 2.7.
It’s as much fun fishing as you can have in a day. Get out and enjoy it while you can.
Captain Gary Zart
Blue Dolphin Walleye Charters
- Get Schooled on Ohio’s Squirrels October 17, 2018While gray, red, and fox squirrels are the most commonly seen squirrel species, a few more call Ohio home. For example, you might be unaware that the flying squirrel is probably the most common of all squirrel species found here. And have you ever seen a thirteen-lined ground squirrel?
- Weekly Lake Erie Fishing Report October 17, 2018Fishing for yellow perch has been good. A few good reports came from the Sputnik buoy near Toledo in 28 to 30 feet of water.
- Learn to Hunt: Using a Doe Bleat October 17, 2018Video. If you're new to hunting, it's helpful to know different ways to call a deer in closer. Doe bleats, grunts, and rattling are all useful while hunting, but there are times when you should and should not use these calls.
- Chasing the Rainbows October 16, 2018The ODNR Division of Wildlife’s annual rainbow trout stockings are popular among anglers at smaller lakes and reservoirs throughout Ohio. Each spring, fish management staff stock approximately 100,000 catchable-sized rainbow trout. Stocking rainbow trout provides excellent opportunities for anglers of all ages to catch a fun, feisty, and harvestable fish.
- Wild Ohio Cookbook: Small Game and Wild Fowl Recipes October 16, 2018How does oven-fried squirrel sound? Get the recipe in our Wild Ohio Cookbook, adding a blend of spices you prefer such as oregano, thyme, or smoked paprika.
- Wildlife Center Stage: Mallard October 16, 2018Glance across any wetland habitat, and you’re likely to see the quintessential duck, the mallard. Yet, as commonplace as a mallard might be, it is hardly ordinary. Read on for a few fun and fascinating facts about these ducks.
- Range Orientation at Grand River Shooting Range October 15, 2018A range orientation class was recently held at the Grand River Shooting Range. A dozen participants, almost all new to range use, were introduced to the concepts of safely enjoying public shooting ranges. Topics such as range operations, rules, and general etiquette were covered by ODNR Division of Wildlife staff.
- Flathead Catfish October 15, 2018A large flathead catfish – also known as a shovelhead, mudcat, or yellow catfish - was recently captured while ODNR Division of Wildlife fish management staff conducted an electrofishing survey for saugeye at Tappan Lake in Harrison County. The flathead catfish is the only North American catfish species with a lower jaw that is longer […]
- Earth as Inspiration is Theme for Earth Science Week October 15, 2018Ohioans are invited to join the Ohio Department of Natural Resources in exploring the state’s natural history during Earth Science Week, Oct. 14-20. Geologists will give talks and lead hikes and fossil collecting throughout Ohio at state parks, state nature preserves and other important geologic sites.
- Wild Ohio Cookbook: Fish Recipes October 12, 2018Need a snack while watching the game this weekend? Find fish recipes in the Wild Ohio Cookbook.
- Turkey Hunting Resources October 12, 2018Fall turkey opens in specific counties on October 13th and closes November 25th.
A very special THANKS to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources, the Division of Wildlife and the Division of Watercraft for their hard work and dedication in providing Ohio sportsmen and women with safety and excellent fishing & hunting opportunities!
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher -“TIP” program – helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
TIP Headquarters, Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg G | Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
Or call the TIP toll-free hotline, 1-800-POACHER.