Region Three - Northeast Ohio Fishing Lake Maps
Find all of your Northeast Ohio lake maps here for fishing around Cleveland, Akron, Ashtabula, Kent and Youngstown. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Tight Lines from Team GFO!
July 2, 2018
Captain Gary Zart here. Lake Erie is on fire and I mean in a good way lol. From the Islands to Conneaut within a few miles of shore you literally cannot keep rods in the water.
You can troll. You can cast. It doesn’t matter. Use your electronics to find active fish. From 20-ft to 50-ft of water should do the trick.
Dipsey divers pulling spoons, worm harnesses and shallow cranks is about the easiest way to catch them. I call it the revolving door.
Pull Reef Runners and Bandits behind Offshore Boards weighted or unweighted to increase your catch rate. Speed has been 2.3 to 2.7.
It’s as much fun fishing as you can have in a day. Get out and enjoy it while you can.
Captain Gary Zart
Blue Dolphin Walleye Charters
- Celebrating 30 years of NAWCA! December 4, 2019This important source of funding for wetland conservation was born of the North American Waterfowl Management Plan. Watch a quick video about conservation efforts at Ohio's Pickerel Creek.
- Nature Scoop December 2019 December 4, 2019Christmas trees - real or artificial?, winter birds, yard tips and more!
- Ticks in Winter: Be Aware and Take Precaution December 4, 2019American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and blacklegged ticks also known as deer ticks can all post a threat to outdoorsmen and women during the fall and winter hunting seasons.
- Where Do They Go in Winter? Reptiles and Amphibians December 3, 2019Colder temps bring unique challenges for cold blooded creatures. How do they survive?
- Road Repairs Scheduled for Metzger Marsh Wildlife Area December 3, 2019Repairs will begin on Monday, Dec. 9 and are estimated to continue through mid-February 2020. During this time, Metzger Marsh Road from the main boat ramp to the fishing pier on Lake Erie will be closed weekly Monday through Thursday.
- Tips for Cooking Venison December 3, 2019Venison is healthy and delicious and a reward every deer hunter hopes for. Prepared properly, venison can become the family’s favorite meat.
- Adventure Begins with Ohio’s Opening Day of Deer-Gun Season December 3, 2019A total of 15,501 deer were harvested by hunters on the opening day of gun season. Ohio offers many more opportunities for hunters of all ages to pursue deer.
- Opening Day 2019! December 2, 2019It's Opening Day for Ohio's deer gun season! Be safe this week and good luck, hunters!
- Recycle your Christmas Tree: Fish Habitat December 2, 2019Recycled trees work well in that they are inexpensive, readily available, and they mimic the old brushy debris that some sportfish utilize as habitat.
- More than 1,000 Wild Turkeys Harvested during Ohio’s Fall Season December 2, 2019The 2019 fall wild turkey hunting season was open in 70 counties from Oct. 12-Dec.1. Ohio hunters took 1,131 wild turkeys during the 2018 fall season.
- How Does Winter Affect Wildlife? December 2, 2019As winter begins drifting in, people are pulling on parkas, adding extra blankets to their beds, and building cozy fires to keep away the cold. But what about wildlife?
A very special THANKS to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources, the Division of Wildlife and the Division of Watercraft for their hard work and dedication in providing Ohio sportsmen and women with safety and excellent fishing & hunting opportunities!
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher -“TIP” program – helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
TIP Headquarters, Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg G | Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
Or call the TIP toll-free hotline, 1-800-POACHER.