Region Three - Northeast Ohio Fishing Lake Maps
Find all of your Northeast Ohio lake maps here for fishing around Cleveland, Akron, Ashtabula, Kent and Youngstown. There will be additional lakes added to the listings as they become available. Ohio Division of Wildlife Offices are listed below. Please contact them with any concerns or comments that you may have concerning your favorite lakes!
Tight Lines from Team GFO!
July 2, 2018
Captain Gary Zart here. Lake Erie is on fire and I mean in a good way lol. From the Islands to Conneaut within a few miles of shore you literally cannot keep rods in the water.
You can troll. You can cast. It doesn’t matter. Use your electronics to find active fish. From 20-ft to 50-ft of water should do the trick.
Dipsey divers pulling spoons, worm harnesses and shallow cranks is about the easiest way to catch them. I call it the revolving door.
Pull Reef Runners and Bandits behind Offshore Boards weighted or unweighted to increase your catch rate. Speed has been 2.3 to 2.7.
It’s as much fun fishing as you can have in a day. Get out and enjoy it while you can.
Captain Gary Zart
Blue Dolphin Walleye Charters
- Species of the Week: Thirteen-lined Ground Squirrel April 1, 2020It's time for another animal species of the week! This week we are spotlighting the thirteen-lined ground squirrel.
- ODNR Operations During Coronavirus Outbreak April 1, 2020Want to get outdoors? Please reference the Ohio Department of Natural Resources website for the most timely details on closures and access opportunities at state-owned facilities.
- Thank You for Your Reports of Bald Eagle Nests! April 1, 2020We are thrilled to announce that we received over 2,400 reports of bald eagle nests in Ohio! We will spend the next couple weeks finalizing confirmations of nest locations and plan to have the full report available in late April, on Earth Day.
- USCG Guidelines for PFD Decontamination April 1, 2020Are you an avid boater seeking guidance on how to disinfect your personal flotation devices to make sure they are not carrying the Covid-19 virus? The U.S. Coast Guard recently posted guidance on how to do this.
- Camping Facilities Closed at Woodbury, Crown City Wildlife Areas April 1, 2020In response to the developing public health situation with COVID-19 and the Ohio Department of Health’s Stay At Home Order, we are closing campgrounds at Woodbury and Crown City wildlife areas.
- Use Smart Social Distancing Meaures When Fishing and Enjoying the Outdoors April 1, 2020Yes! You can still fish. This is a time of uncertainty, though, so please use smart social distancing measures. Read more about social distancing.
- Changes in ODNR Division of Wildlife Operations April 1, 2020Visit the Ohio Division of Wildlife website for the latest updates on cancelled events and changes in operations.
- Spotted: Green Frog March 31, 2020The green frog is the most abundant frog in Ohio. Peak breeding activity occurs from April through August, when eggs are fertilized externally and attach to aquatic plants in smaller clusters.
- Video: Red-Shouldered Hawk Nest March 31, 2020Enjoy this short Facebook video from our staff member Jamey about the Red-shouldered hawks nesting in her backyard.
- Wild Ohio Cookbook: Classic Fish Cake March 31, 2020If you had luck on the lake, you'll love this classic fish cake.
- Ohio Division of Wildlife is In This Together Ohio! March 30, 2020ODNR Division of Wildlife Chief Kendra Wecker knows we are InThisTogetherOhio! Find trusted information from the Ohio Dept of Health and Gov. Mike DeWine.
A very special THANKS to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources, the Division of Wildlife and the Division of Watercraft for their hard work and dedication in providing Ohio sportsmen and women with safety and excellent fishing & hunting opportunities!
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher -“TIP” program – helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
TIP Headquarters, Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg G | Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
Or call the TIP toll-free hotline, 1-800-POACHER.