GoFishOhio highlights a beautiful state full of amazing lakes, rivers, and reservoirs offering anglers many sport fishing opportunities for various species of fish. There’s great fishing in Ohio! Largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, musky, carp, northern pike, stripers, wipers, bluegill, crappie, catfish and steelhead trout all swim here.
- 70 Topographic Lake Maps
- Lake Regulations (boating hp, speed, etc.)
- Species of Fish Available
- Boat Ramp Locations
- Full feature Google Maps
- GET ON THE MAP with GFO!
- Local Tackle Shops, Marinas, Restaurants & More
- Fishing Charters & Guides
- Ohio Fishing License Online
- OH Division of Wildlife News
Browse Ohio Fishing Lake Maps - ODNR Regions 1-5
FINALLY! A Bass Fishing Tournament for Couples, Husbands & Wives, & Mixed (M/F) Teams
All NY Events held at Long Point State Park, Chautauqua Lake
Bass Fishing Software: From the Mad Scientist, hand made soft plastic baits, including the Donkey, Otto, Bat Wing, Lucky Craw, Big Booty Judy & more. Garlic saturated, awesome & unique colors (seriously). Shop at Ohio Pro Lure TODAY!
- Reminders for Gun Season: Gun and Tree Stand Safety November 13, 2019Hunting is one of the safest recreational activities in America, thanks in part to state-mandated hunter education programs. Most hunting accidents these days are related to tree stands. Follow best practices for every hunt.
- ODNR Hosted Deer Archery Hunt for Veterans at Zaleski State Forest November 13, 2019Last month, the ODNR hosted 19 disabled Ohio veterans for a guided archery hunt at Zaleski State Forest and Lake Hope State Park over the Oct. 11-13 weekend.
- Ohio’s Deer Hunters Preparing for Annual Gun Season November 12, 2019Deer-gun season starts Mon, Dec 2! Hunting remains the most effective management tool for maintaining OH’s healthy deer population.
- Where to Fish in Winter: How Species of Fish Survive Under Ice and Cold Water November 11, 2019Have you ever wondered how fish survive in Ohio’s cold winter weather or where they go when water freezes over? Like many people, fish tend to be less active in the cold.
- Reporting Wildlife Sightings from the Tree Stand: Wildlife Reporting System November 11, 2019While you’re in your tree stand waiting for the perfect shot at a white-tailed deer, you’re likely to see a lot of other wildlife. Report wildlife sightings and contribute important data to science!
- Thankful for BIRDS! November 8, 2019Thinking about the wildlife we are thankful for, we cannot forget BIRDS! Birds aren’t just fun to watch and identify, they also play an important role in pest control.
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher ~ "TIP" Hotline
This program helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd. Bldg G
Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
DID YOU KNOW? Some land areas in nearby Ohio counties have permitted septic waste (i.e. Land Application) dumping? Many septic pumping companies dump their trucks in these areas. It’s easy to see this practice is never sanitary, plus is very hazardous to wildlife, hunters and outdoor sports enthusiasts.
STAY Septic properly disposes of ALL septic waste at the Barberton Wastewater Pollution Center – never on land anywhere!
Proudly Serving Medina, Portage, Summit, Stark & Wayne Counties
GoFishOhio Pro Staff Fishing Reports
Lake Erie Walleye - July 26, 2019
Hello fellow fisherman!
Fishing remains the same. Incredible. From east of Kelly’s Island to Conneaut – it’s WORLD CLASS FISHING.
Fish have moved a mile or two north of where we have been fishing. Run the same programs…just run them about 5-ft deeper in the water column. Bump your speed up to 2.4 to 2.8 mph and hold on. Till next time. Good luck and good catching.
Captain Gary Zart
Blue Dolphin Charters – 216-849-4954
Blue Dolphin has PRIME DATES available NOW!
Blue Dolphin Walleye is your premier Lake Erie walleye charter service. Our mission is to make your day on the water special and enjoyable. We do everything we can to get you the biggest walleyes possible!
Since 2005 we have been taking customers out and doing our best to put them on the most action-packed bite.
We fish the Walleye Capital of the World, Lake Erie! Blue Dolphin Charters goes from dock to dock, and we follow where the best bite is. We can also go from a specific harbor of your choice, however Captain Gary Zart will always make his best recommendation to put you where the big ones are known to be biting.
Long-time Pro Staff of Team Starcraft, Nicholas & Gary were named the 2017 Lake Erie Walleye Trail Team of the Year (trophy pics).
Visit the Blue Dolphin website to reserve your charter date(s) online!
A unique GFO Bass Tournament Circuit is on the drawing board for 2021. We need your help.
Let us know what you think.
- ONE(1) tournament in each region as
defined by the ODNR borders
- Four Qualifying tournaments in
NW(2), NE(3), SE(4), & SW(5) OH.
- Championship event in Central OH (1).