Buckeye Lake, OH ~ 3,600 acres ~ Fairfield, Perry & Licking Counties
Here’s an ODNR Division of Wildlife Buckeye Lake fishing map with shore features, Buckeye Lake weather, plus information about fishing opportunities and boating regulations at 3800-acre Buckeye Lake, OH.
Lake Information, Details and State Management
Buckeye Lake is in south central Ohio in Fairfield- Perry- Licking counties. This area is within Ohio Division of Wildlife District 1. 3,600 acres of fishing water with 32 miles of shoreline.
In south central Ohio about 25 miles east of Columbus. The lake is accessible from I-70 east on any of the following roads; State Route 13 – SR 37 – SR 79.
Approximately 120 miles south of Cleveland — Approximately 25 miles east of Columbus — Approximately 130 miles southeast of Toledo — Approximately 120 miles northeast of Cincinnati.
Largemouth Bass * Muskellunge * Bluegills * Crappie * Channel Catfish * Brown Bullheads * Yellow Perch.
There is a boat rental. Horsepower is unlimited. Be very careful with your boat as the lake averages only 4.5 feet deep. There are four improved public boat launches.
There is an Ohio Division of Wildlife fish hatchery nearby so the lake often receives a surplus fish stocking.
Buckeye Lake Location - Courtesy of Google Maps
A very special THANKS to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources, the Division of Wildlife and the Division of Watercraft for their hard work and dedication in providing Ohio sportsmen and women with safety and excellent fishing & hunting opportunities!
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher -“TIP” program – helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
TIP Headquarters, Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg G | Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
Or call the TIP toll-free hotline, 1-800-POACHER.
- Beginning Birding Tours Available During International Migratory Bird Day Weekend April 16, 2019The Ohio Ornithological Society is now accepting signups for guided beginner birding tours during the International Migratory Bird Day weekend at Magee Marsh Wildlife Area on May 11 and 12.
- Youth Hunters Find Success during 2019 Youth Wild Turkey Season April 16, 2019Many young hunters found success during Ohio’s 2019 youth spring wild turkey season last weekend - 1,318 birds were harvested!
- Excluding Bats From Buildings During Roosting Season April 16, 2019Bats are migrating to summer maternity roosts and now is a good time to make sure bats are kept out of the house! It is illegal to kill bats, learn about non-lethal exclusion and other ways to keep bats from roosting in buildings.
- Fishing Basics: Shore Fishing April 16, 2019The main advantage of fishing from shore is that almost everyone has access to a spot that's close to home. Find simple tips about how to shore fish from Takemefishing.
- Citizen Science: Frogs and Salamanders April 16, 2019Yesterday, we highlighted citizen science projects focused on monarchs and dragonflies - but maybe amphibians are more your thing! iNaturalist Salamander Project and Ohio Frog and Toad Calling Survey.
- ODNR and Partners Provide Hunts for Hunters with Disabilities April 16, 2019Blue Rock State Forest and Pike State Forest were the settings for two recent special hunts organized for hunters with disabilities to enjoy the outdoors while hunting for wild turkey.
- Citizen Science: Spiders and Bees April 16, 2019Spiders and bees are literally everywhere, so your help is needed to study these fascinating creatures! Ohio Spider Survey and Ohio Bee Atlas.
- Fishing Basics: Fly Fishing April 16, 2019This method of fishing uses techniques that are more challenging than other types of fishing, but what a fun challenge it is!
- Lake Erie’s Amazing Walleye Hatch April 15, 2019Walleye trawl results from Ohio and Canada show the 2018 hatch was the highest ever recorded in Lake Erie’s western basin - and things will only continue to get better! Read on to see how bright the future of Lake Erie walleye is.
- Citizen Science: Monarchs and Dragonflies April 15, 2019If you or your family are interested in observing things that flutter or zip by this summer, then we have a few citizen science projects for you! Monarch Joint Venture and Ohio Dragonfly Survey.
- Deer Creek Shooting Range Reopens April 15, 2019Notice - The Deer Creek Shooting Range was recently closed for backstop maintenance. The repairs are now complete and the range is open again. Thank you for your patience during this time!