Buckeye Lake, OH ~ 3,600 acres ~ Fairfield, Perry & Licking Counties
Here’s an ODNR Division of Wildlife Buckeye Lake fishing map with shore features, Buckeye Lake weather, plus information about fishing opportunities and boating regulations at 3800-acre Buckeye Lake, OH.
Lake Information, Details and State Management
Buckeye Lake is in south central Ohio in Fairfield- Perry- Licking counties. This area is within Ohio Division of Wildlife District 1. 3,600 acres of fishing water with 32 miles of shoreline.
In south central Ohio about 25 miles east of Columbus. The lake is accessible from I-70 east on any of the following roads; State Route 13 – SR 37 – SR 79.
Approximately 120 miles south of Cleveland — Approximately 25 miles east of Columbus — Approximately 130 miles southeast of Toledo — Approximately 120 miles northeast of Cincinnati.
Largemouth Bass * Muskellunge * Bluegills * Crappie * Channel Catfish * Brown Bullheads * Yellow Perch.
There is a boat rental. Horsepower is unlimited. Be very careful with your boat as the lake averages only 4.5 feet deep. There are four improved public boat launches.
There is an Ohio Division of Wildlife fish hatchery nearby so the lake often receives a surplus fish stocking.
Buckeye Lake Location - Courtesy of Google Maps
A very special THANKS to the Ohio Division of Natural Resources, the Division of Wildlife and the Division of Watercraft for their hard work and dedication in providing Ohio sportsmen and women with safety and excellent fishing & hunting opportunities!
Ohio’s Turn In a Poacher -“TIP” program – helps to curtail poaching throughout the state by involving the public in reporting wildlife violations. If you observe a wildlife violation, click here and submit the form online or print the form and mail to:
TIP Headquarters, Division of Wildlife
2045 Morse Rd., Bldg G | Columbus, Ohio 43229-6693
Or call the TIP toll-free hotline, 1-800-POACHER.
- Lake Erie Fish Ohio Report October 16, 2019Good walleye fishing was reported in 65-75 ft of water N of Edgewater Park, 65-75 ft of water N of Wildwood Park, 65-75 ft of water N of Fairport Harbor, and in 68-73 ft of water N of Geneva.
- Drive Safely! Deer-Vehicle Accidents Increase in the Fall October 16, 2019Peak months for deer-vehicle accidents, due to increased deer movement during the breeding season, are October, November, and December. Being alert, driving safely, and keeping your eye on the road may help reduce your chances of being in a collision with a deer during the fall breeding season.
- Turn In a Poacher Hotline October 15, 2019While the most Ohioans follow the law, there are always a few who make poor choices. You can TEXT reports of wildlife crimes to our TIP hotline at 1-800-POACHER and include photos, location, and details about the violations.
- Importance of Scary Wildlife: Snakes October 15, 2019Snakes are highly misunderstood and have wrongfully suffered from human fear and superstition. Ohio has nearly 30 species of snakes, most of which are docile and fearful of humans, and are important to the food web.
- Fish Stocking in Ohio October 15, 2019We have a long history of stocking fish in public lakes, reservoirs, and rivers here in the Buckeye state. In fact our oldest fish hatchery was built in 1896! Today, we operate six fish hatcheries.
- Deer Permit Prices Increase October 16th October 14, 2019No one likes price increases, including us. However, Ohioans haven't had an increase since 2004. These adjustments will bring us back in line with inflation costs.
- Fish Stocking Programs: Why Stock? October 14, 2019Ohioans have a lot of great fishing opportunities. Most of our fish populations can sustain themselves naturally. Fish stockings help when natural reproduction falls short, and enhance fishing opportunities.
- Importance of Scary Wildlife: Spiders October 14, 2019Halloween is just around the corner and with it comes tales of creepy crawly critters. But many of those wildlife species are essential to keeping our ecosystems in balance? One example is the spider.
- Ring-Necked Pheasant Releases Announced October 11, 2019More than 14,000 ring-necked pheasants will be released at 24 Ohio public hunting areas this fall to provide additional hunting opportunities across the state.
- Wild Ohio Cookbook: Grilled Perch October 11, 2019Struggling to find some water to frying pan ideas? Check out plenty of tasty recipes like grilled perch in our Wild Ohio Cookbook.
- Hunters are Reminded to Brush Up on Waterfowl Identification October 11, 2019Ohio’s duck and goose seasons begin in the Lake Erie Marsh Zone! Good luck to all of the hunters heading out!